Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Adventures in Contour

For a few years now I have been meaning to pick up the Illamsqua Cream Pigment in Hollow. Touted as an amazing natural contour color for the fairer skinned amongst us.

After hemming and hawing for an eternity I decided about 6 months ago I was going to get it. Just in time for Sephora to stop carrying the line. (Why Sephora? Da Fuck?) Luckily Bloomingdales still happily stocks their products so to the Upper East Side I went.






It is a beautiful stiff cream texture that goes on pigmented and bendable but not frighteningly strong. I wouldn't exactly call the effect subtle but, were not talking Kim K here either. 

The picture is a little misleading as I think in person it pulls much more grey than it appears here and that is a GOOD thing. 

I have never reached for contour on a day to day basis but I can honestly say that any day I have worn makeup since I bought this I have worn it. I think it is the cream texture. This could be the only variety of product that I prefer in a cream. I never reach for emollient highlighters or blushes but this looks SO much more like skin than any powder contour I've ever tried. The closest contender is maybe Hula but, I still like this better.

This also sets well, which is a nice bonus. I have even used this to contour my eye sockets and it works beautifully there too. 

For something I thought I would hardly reach for (the reason I put off buying it for so long) it has turned out to be one of the most versatile and one of my more favorite recent purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.