Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Eye Cream Confessions

I have a confession to make. I haven't actually purchased and eye cream in over a year. Like most skin care aficionados I use my eye creams every single night but, I'm not really so sure they actually DO anything. 

Let me explain.

I don't notice a difference when they are there vs. when they are absent and as a result I have a really hard time spending money on them. So my policy, and it has worked well for a while is to just aim for samples of them. 

Let me further explain...



Now I'm not saying pester the poor counter guys and gals whose job it is to part you with your money. I generally aim for 100 point perks at Sephora, or skin care kits that have generous eye cream samples as part of the package. 

The only exception pictured above is on the far left and is the Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado which, I sought a sample of because I was curious. In truth it's probably the only one pictured above I would actually buy.

The other two, Origins Gin-Zing and Benefit's Its' Potent, are both great but lack any real cushion-y or hydrating feel and to me don't seem to merit the work. While I can't say I've seen any results per-se from the Kiehls it is a luxurious joy to apply and at 28$ is by far not a crazy expensive option.

You just get such an abundance of product in these samples and you use so little nightly that I think for the time being one or two of these puppies a year will do me just fine.

It's not that I object to buying a company's product but I just don't feel like settling down just yet.

"I mean you see how picky I am about my shoes and they only go on my feet."
 Name that ^ movie and you get a million awesome points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.