Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Tools of the Trade


Eyelashes are arguably one of the most impactful features we apply makeup on everyday IMHO... I have days where I go out without a stitch on my face, lips wherever but when I skip mascara I really feel different. 

Is this weird?

I'm not sure but I'm inclined to believe I am not alone. 

So after months of suffering through lackluster curlers and mediocre mascara I've found a combo I can't get enough of.



First the mascara. The Bourjois Volumizer Mascara. Now I bought mine from Urban Outfitters and I can't honestly recommend you do that. Lately they seem to be using a service called Lasership that is notorious for non delivery and although I did luckily get my things through customer service in the end, it took about 2 weeks longer than it should have. Now having said that I love this and I think UO is the only place you can get this stateside. Womp womp womp...

It does take a little patience but using the two steps slowly and lightly builds up the the most amazing fluttery lashes that look full and dramatic but not clumped. Don't get me wrong I love a good spider lash from time to time-and this can make that happen for you if you're not careful but this is an excellent, excellent mascara formula.

The Curlers: I went for the Japonesque Power Eyelash Curler. I have lovingly (not) been referring to my previous Revlon tool as "my shitty eyelash curlers". 'Cause shitty they were my friend.These however are a massive improvement. They are far more effective, more comfortable to use and much sturdier. (More sturdy?!) Me likey.

I love it when things finally come together like that. Have you guys found any good pairs lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.