Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bottled Glow



One of my favorite little tricks for faking a tan in the summer comes in the form of nail polish. This concept is not a forgien one to the beauty world, in fact, Model's Own just brought out a whole range based around this very concept.

But....since those are all the way across the ocean I figured I would pick out a few of my Stateside faves to get everyone in the summer groove!



The Summer Classic: China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy. A perennial Summer sellout and favorite makes even the palest among us seem a little bit more bronze. It is a true neon coral color the likes of which I have yet to see duped. I would say for 6$ don't even try and just hunt this sucker down.

The Understatement: Essie Borrowed and Blue. This is for those of us who luuuhve the idea of a white nail but can't quite seem to pull it off. It's an off white blue that simultaneously looks polished and summery but also quite clean and unobtrusive. A good staple shade if you want something professional but slightly left of center.

The One That Glows in the Dark: Color Club Blue-ming. This amazing shade of almost neon Tiffany blue does what everyone wants a bright nail polish to do. It makes your skin look warm and healthy, makes a strong summer statement on the nails but it doesn't look quite as garish as it's neon cousins. I'm a huge fan of this shade and it is easily one of my most worn.

How about you? Any favorite lacquers to make your digits look summer ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.