Pages

Monday, June 02, 2014

Springtime Spritz

I have been eying up something from Herbivore Botanicals for months now. I caught sight of them the first time on Etsy and it was love at first click. They have that oh so now Nylon magazine minimalist marketing that I just can't resist in a brand. When I came across their Balance mist at the Urban Outfitters checkout I grabbed it without hesitation.

But how often does a pretty frosted glass bottle artfully placed at the Urban Outfitters checkout contain something that REALLY works?



When it comes down to it they seem to incorporate really quality ingredients into a skincare line that promotes a basic regimen. It is a nice facial spray that claims to balance out oily vs dry skin. The sprays were the first thing I looked at when I looked into the brand and I was dissapointed to see that ALL of them had glycerin in them.

Generally speaking glycerin is good for you skin. It's a nice natural occlusive that can help your skin retain moisture. I just don't feel like it's the type of ingredient that belongs in something geared towards a person with any oiliness in their skin. I also am personally sensitive to high amounts of glycerin so I try very hard to be careful with what I reach for where that is concerned. 

I have been using this for around 2 weeks and, this was great to have on hand while I was sunburnt but I don't think it really does anything of note. I'll be happy to have this around as a refresher once the weather gets really good and hot again but if you're looking for something that works (and is a WAY better value for your dollar) get the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater. 

Hey no one said that name was as glamorous but, at least it tells you everything you need to know up front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.