Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

The Sample Chronicles #1


I love a good foundation/primer fad. Spray on makeup in a can, luminizers with no shimmer, bare skin, just skin, no makeup makeup. Tell me that you can make me look perfect without anyone knowing that I don't just look perfect and I will at least make an effort to test your claim.

I'm not a chump and, I am not made of money. When those to worlds collide you learn how to politely ask too rude for their own commission sales girls for a nice sized sample.

So first round of the Sample Chronicles goes to: Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel


I have heard so much about this little number across all corners of the internet. A brightening primer that has no discernible shimmer, glitter, or lumanizer to it just a nice sheer brightness. I tried this over a few weeks and applied this under my foundation/tinted moisturizer on just the high points of my face.

In theory this should be amazing but, I am underwhelmed here to say the least. 

It does leave a white bright cast to the skin but once you apply a foundation hell even a tinted moisturizer over top the effect almost completely disappears. I could even give it a pass if it did something for the longevity or the otherwise overall appearance of my face butt alas it did not.

I do generally tend to prefer a very luminous finish to my skin, so it could be that this is inherently too subtle an item for me. It could be that the effect is more pronounced on slightly darker skin (I am NC20-ish) but I think if you have very dark skin it could be unflattering.

Overall I think there are products that so subtle skin-like glow better than this does and for the hefty Chanel price tag you could do way better. 

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector I'm talking to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.