Pages

Monday, June 09, 2014

Look Alive Ladies


Week before last I made mention of the power of one simple swipe of lip color. Today I want to talk about all of the OTHER shades I reach for when I am late/lazy/hungover.

I think that lippie is one of the most effective ways to perk up your look. It gives such a bold convincing impression of effort that almost no amount of eye makeup could ever convey. Apart from Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in Strawberry Kissed I have a whole list of go to lip shades for any morning makeup emergencies.


 
On the budget end of the spectrum Maybelline's the Vivids is an almost idiot proof way to go. Specifically Vivid Rose, a cool toned, medium magenta pink that falls somewhere in between wearable bright pink and a true neon shade. On a similar note Milani's Uptown Mauve is a really nice user friendly fuchsia purple that wears well, smells great (a little synthetic but still great) and gives you an easy way to test drive a purple lip without diving head first into Heroine.

Another amazing line of lip products are the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms. The shades Striking and Unapologetic have been the most used of the ones I have. I really can't recommend this formula enough. Even if you don't love a matte finish I would encourage you to try them.

If you are feeling froggy, another formula I have given A LOT of love to is the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick. Not to everyone's taste maybe but, they create a satin and lasting finish on the lips and have an insane 40-something color selection. My go to's have been F-Bomb, a lovely vibrant warm red and Catfight, a muted mid toned but still bright pink.

Have you ever opted for a bright pout on a low maintenance day? If not what do you prefer to reach for when you want to wear a bit of makeyp but don't have the time for the whole production?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.