Pages

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

The Spectrum: Turquoise


If Coral is my springtime go to then Turquoise is definitely my Summer choice. I love the way it pairs with gold, a summer tan and pops against my "I'maNewYorkerSoI'mForeverInBlack" wardrobe. 

If you have yet to dabble in a hit of turquoise look no further because this is a good place to dip your feet in.


Speaking of feet; stop number one for this shade is my toenails. Color Club's Blue-Ming is my bottle of choice and is lacquered on my tootsies as we speak. Bright, bold and tan enhancing it makes an annual appearance on my feet this time of year.  Get it. Followed up by just a hint of sparkle on my lash line with some of the Stila Sparkle Liner in Electric. I think you can still get this online but it's not on Stila's website anymore. Milani also makes a really great alternative but, if you are feeling froggy a nice thick wing-free line of this and a shit tone of mascara makes you look like you put in a WHOLE lot of effort. (It's cool, our secret.) It's also a lot of fun. It's summer so have fun with your face.

These sunglasses have not left my face in months. I talked about them and their fraternal twinsies when I got them off eBay and they have proven to be $2.50 well spent. Not the BEST UV protection around ( well not Ray Bans anyway) but a solid budget option. The pendant, while easily my most favorite of the bunch was a flea market find. I have worn this thing apart (note the scratches) but, I love it and a friend told me once that it looked like I stored souls in it. Epic compliment status.

What colors make you feel cool when the weather heats up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.