Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Look on the (Very) Bright Side: Summer Nail Shakedown


About six months ago I made a nail polish purge video. 
I got rid of 100+ bottles.
That is STUPID
 I STILL have a ton of polish. A ton.

As much as it's a little ridiculous I've come to the conclusion that it is OK. I use the ones that I have and I love them. As long as I'm aware and get rid of the filler a few times a year I will be good.

I've been so good that this is my first real nail polish haul in months. I saw some new things I liked and was feeling seasonal-so shop I did. ;)






The new OPI neons collection was pretty sick this year. I headed right toward it when I arrived in nail polish heaven and I ended up walking away with 2 colors. Life Gave Me Leomons and You are So Outta Lime, came home with me. These will 100% spend the summer on my toes. 100%.

Along for the ride was Where Did Suzi's Man-Go? This is a surprisingly flattering and fresh pale orange cream. It works well on my skin and is a very unique spring/summer shade. I recommend.

For my less neon-ey moments I picked up Essie's Chills and Thrills a dusty indigo cream, and Strut Your Stuff and true bright Cerulean cream. These are both really striking colors that are not as jarring as some of the Summer alternatives.

I also realized the week before this little polish buying aneurism that I was actually lacking a true raspberry pink color. What I settled on and, what I'm not so sure I love, is Koala Bear-ry from the many seasons old Australia collection.  It's cute and a nice color to have around but I think I'm after something a little brighter.

That's my summer nail polish all sorted out. How about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.