Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Style Inspired Autumn 2015


 I always get inspired to up my fashion efforts this time of year. Something about layering on clothes and being comfortable without needing to leave the house wearing a sleeping bag makes for a good reason to beef up your closet. 
As always my inspiration lies in rockstars of the past and the women who loved them. This time of year groupie chic is joined by witches, cool boots, sexplotation movie heroines and well dressed trannies past and present. 

Yeah this is totally the kind of inspiration you see on a normal fashion blog. 

Modern Vice is a super cool NYC based shoe brand that does some really super cool pairs that I've been ogling for months now. I don't think I could ever really utilize white shoes as I am perpetually a hot mess but I do love the idea of them.

There isn't a season that goes by that doesn't make me want to dress up like Stevie.
Magical gypsy business.

 Tura Satana is a super cool B-Movie icon of yesteryear (and the woman who supposedly made Elvis a man)and very likely my Halloween costume this year. Well endowment aside it's hard to go wrong with an all black badass muscle car inspired look. 
 I love Noel Fielding. He is equal parts frightening and endearing...
...and I want to raid his closet.
Oh Taylor Momsen. I hate that I don't hate you.
P.S. Where can I find that skull to hang in my living room?

 Yes you caught me. I just want to run around in the fall foliage topless casting spells. Or at least I want enough fringe in my wardrobe to make me feel that way on my walk to the Subway. 

40 years of Rocky Horror and Dr Frank N Furter is still as boss as ever. I've always loved the behind the scenes shots of Tim Curry in costume. The character seems so present all the time.
 That attitude!
What has you guys excited about dressing this Fall? What kinds of things do you normally look to for closet inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.