Pages

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Matte Sparkle


I love a good contradiction. Especially in beauty and fashion. I like it when someone takes something ugly and makes you look at it in a way that makes it seem beautiful. Even better, when someone takes something very "in your face" and tones it down in a way that makes it more subtle and somehow even more eye catching.

Thus my obsession with matte glitter was born.



It adds a polka dot abstract art kind of vibe to the nails without the need for a dotting tool. 

Don't get me wrong I love nail art as much as the next girl but my life has gotten busier lately and this is just a MUCH more attractive option.

The Milani Sugar High, while not completely matte is mostly matte and it has this macaron-like color palette that makes it look arty and dessert-y all at once.

The Sephora Formula X shade TNT, the first I've bought from the range, is just this solid colored cobalt blue matte glitter. Over a white nail this is a crazy bold polka dot type pattern but over a nude or grey it gives this amazing marbleized texture that would take time a patience to achieve otherwise.

As much as actual sparkle has been taking a backseat these days matte sparkle has been moving to center stage.

The best part? With a matte topcoat any glitter can be a matte glitter :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.