Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Foiled Again

I have been eyeing up a few of the American Apparel nail polishes for a while now. I bought one when they first came out a couple of years ago and I fell in love with the formula. My color choice however, could have used some work. This time I knew I wanted Meteor Shower, a gold leaf type glitter suspended in a thick clear polish. I also had my eye on one of the neon shades because I thought it would be nice to have for the summer time.  I also wound up picking a California Trooper as a nice neutral to wear underneath meteor shower.


L-R: Neon Red, California Trooper, Meteor Shower Link!


I love these polishes. Just like everything else at American Apparel the price seems a little high at first but the quality is so nice that once you use them the price seems justifiable. Its also worth is to buy these three at a time so you get 3 for 15$ instead of paying 6$ each. In addition the neon formula was amazing. It was totally opaque in two coats it didn't require any kind of white base or an assinine amount of coats. It was also unique in the sense that in some nights it looks more neon than in others.

California Trooper was on sale when I bought it and is a really nice nude base. If you're interested in nail art it is a really handy color to have. Meteor Shower on the other hand is the only formula that isn't overly impressive. The clear base is a little gloopy and the glitter flakes are a little sparse. Some of the flakes are large and a bit bent and it's difficult to get them to lay flat sometimes. All of these things are dissmissed by the fact that it is so PRETTY! I will make the effort with this because I love the way it looks.

It is a great summer glitter and I'm excited to see how it looks layered over other colors. (Specifically navy blue)

What colors have you guys found that your excited about wearing this summer?

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.