Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

It's Officially Candle Season

 Now I love me some home fragrance all year round but there is nothing quite like a good flickering candles come Autumn. 

I always especially love candles in the colder months because I tend to gravitate towards stronger, woodier, incense-y smells that just seem to suit the cold so much better. 

I've found a couple new scents that are really tickling my pickle..and some that I am dying to try.
 First up is the Square Trade Goods Grapefruit and Herb amber glass jar candle. I got mine from Urban Outfitters but I highly recommend you buy directly from the  brand. They are $4 cheaper the shipping is the same and probably more reliable. (That last one is a biased statement but I have had some pretty atrocious issues with UO shipping.)

The Grapefruit and Herb scent is described as a mixture of fresh grapefruit and woody sage. I will say when I first sniffed this what I got out of it was grapefruit and gange but, sage is not that far off.

What it ultimately amounts to is a fresh, strong, true grapefruit scent with a hint of seasonally appropriate earthiness.

Next on my list is the Tobacco and Black Pepper.

As a follow up option I picked up a Malin + Goetz Dark Rum Votive candle to get free shipping on my recent (albeit botched) Beauty.com order.
This may make up for the fact that the Lorac Pro palette I ordered showed up precariously cracked and, shattered almost immediately. (RIP) 
The dark rum fragrance really just translates to an idea of this candle because the scent this gives off is so much more complex than that. 
At it's base is a smokey sandalwood and amber note that depicts only the best kind of lumberjack fantasies on a cold November evening. To sweeten the deal (see what I did there) is a rich spiced vanilla note that evokes a fresh bottle of the Kraken. (If you haven't tried this rum yet you do not know what you're missing!)
On top of that, the teeny tiny votive size gives off enough fragrance to fill my large for New York City basement bedroom. 
Epic win.
Even at $52 dollars for the large size I can easily see plunking for the 9fl oz.
Or even blind ordering the Tobacco or Cannabis scents.

One way or another there is clearly a theme here. 
What can I say? The nose wants what the nose wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.