Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Ed Note:Party Season Basics


 With the festive season fast approaching the beauty community is going to be inundated with posts and videos about the best red lips and how to force a little extra sparkle into your nights. 
Don't worry it's coming from me too.
...but first I want to talk about those Monday mornings.
The ones you were really hoping would miraculously never come. 

Well come they do and I have a few products set aside for when I really need a pick me up.

So go ahead, have one more.* I've got your morning covered.


First on the to do list; exfoliate!
I prefer a chemical formula for my dehydrated and likely hungover skin. It's delicate and needs special attention, not micro beads. (Those are terrible for the planet. Don't buy things with "microbeads".)
Right now I have the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate on rotation but the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Mask as well as the Tata Harper Resurfacing Treatment make pretty stellar alternatives. Though the Somerville formula is stronger and more intensive. Read: faster.
I slather this on, massage my face just to get the blood pumping and let it sit for the requisite two minutes. 

Once I rinse off my exfoliator of choice I will go ahead with my am skincare routine but, instead of the Clinique All About Eyes Serum under my eyes I go in with the Origins Gin-Zing Energizing Eye Cream
. True to its word it leaves a cooling sensation as well as some slightly reflective Mica behind to help combat whatever darkness is lurking under there. 
It also packs a more hydrating punch than the usual suspect and your post par-tay skin will thank you.
The added dewiness will also help our next step sit nicely on the delicate skin under the eyes. 

Finally:conceal! This is my favorite step. My newest addition to the concealer arsenal, after a disappointing round with the Perricone MD No Concealer Concealer, is the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-2.
This is a stiff, waxy concealer. I hesitate to say this is dry because in order for it to look dry you have to apply a lot...and you do not need a lot of this product. I also recommend dabbing this on under the eye, using primarily the pink side of things, and allowing your fingertips to warm and blend the product into your skin. 
Not only does a hands on application make things look a whole lot more skin like, it also takes about half the time. 
I also like to dab the more yellow toned shade around my nose and mouth to get rid of any unwelcome redness.

With these three steps you should at lease be able to sell a solid six hour sleep.
Anything more than that and you'll have to leave the party earlier! 
It's makeup not a miracle.

*Please drink responsibly! It is so painful when you don't.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.