Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Too Good To Be True


Upon finishing up my two previous under eye concealer options (Origins Plantscription and  NARS Radiant Creamy respectively) I decided it was time to branch out and try something new.

The promise of the Perricone MD cosmetic line is simply "No Makeup Makeup." 
What makeup loving lady can say no to a branding promise like that?!

No one, that's who so, when the Friends and Family sale came around at Sephora I decided it was time to dive into the Perricone range.


In addition to an undetectable finish the No Concealer Concealer boasts coverage and the addition of skincare ingredients including sun protection. 
First the Pros:
Initially when I see claims like this concealer has on a product I immediately balk. Then I swatched this in the store and I found the coverage and the finish to be pretty solid. Not only that but it seemed to stick around pretty well so I figured even if the skincare aspect isn't there the actual cosmetic function will work. 
The shade of this actually works really well for me. It slightly but not noticeably lighter than my skin tone and adds a nice brightness without looking like tan lines. 

Now the Cons:
There is only one shade in the range. How can that even happen anymore?
For as long as this lasts and as natural as it looks on the skin, the coverage it had in the store was misleading (read: old). It doesn't quite give me the coverage I need for my eye circle situation and since that is the one base product I really rely on this one isn't quite getting the job done for me. 
Second, the skincare ingredient seems to irritate my eyes. Nothing over the top but some noticeable discomfort and mild tearing if I get it too close to my eyes.
Finally, the smell. Now any perusal of the Sephora review section for this product will tell you that the smell is not for the faint of heart. Something like paint and plastic all mixed together. Not cute. 

Ultimately I think the great concealer hunt rages on but for now this will work. 
If you had the option though I would go with the Origins or the NARS over the Perricone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.