Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Winter Highlight

I never understand why people always champion fuller coverage and powder products in the colder months.
When my skin is feeling parched and dry I love to reach for cream products and cream highlights in particular. They just seem to make the skin come to life in a way that other products can't and highlight is my favorite beauty defense against the cold!

 It may not help with chill chapped skin but when used correctly they certainly can hide it!

Now don't get me wrong, nothing will replace the miraculous benefit and amazing feeling of a good moisturizer on dry skin but a nice cream highlight will certainly get you through the day!

My classic and go to highlighter is Illamasqua's Cream Blush in Lies. It's a bit harder to get a hold of now that Illamasqua is no longer available in the states but, it gives the most beautiful natural wet look glow.
Now I know that term wet look ignites horrible flash backs of 90's wetlook hair gel but think more along the lines of a good old fashioned "lit from within" look.
While it looks pink in the pan it is definitely more of a cool iridescent and translucent white shade. The paleness of it lends itself way more toward lighter skinned gals. but the translucent aspect gives you a little bit of of leeway.

The new addition that are making a play for the top spot in my collection are the Becca Shimmering skin Perfectors. Specifically their new Spotlights Glow to Go set for Holiday 2014. 
It gives you three shades to try Pearl, Opal and, Champagne Gold, in what essentially amounts to a lipgloss tube.
Once these are blended out on the skin they take on a really beautiful again, slightly translucent, gleam to the cheeks. The effect is so seamless and so striking that I don't think a day has gone by where I haven't reached for these. 
At 25$ the set of three can't be missed especially because the full size of this is over $40 and contains more product than you could ever hope to use. 

So give some nice strong winter highlights a try and let me know if it revives your complexion as much as it does mine!

This one is definitely the best of the Sephora 2014 Holiday buys as far as I am concerned this year. 
Have you guys found any good value sets yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.