Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

In The Bag

I have had such a hard time lately'; finding a bag that I like that I can rely on and that looks sleek and professional. 
After scouring the internet and searching high and low in store I finally decided on a piece that I thought would work. 
Ladies and gentlemen, the Zara TRF Doctor Bag.


Now I'm not sure if this is a designer knock off. It may very well be. I mean it's Zara after all. They live for a designer knock off but, even if it is, I think I'm OK with that. 

In outward appearance it's simple. A rectangular but soft frame bag with silver metal bar details at the opening to give a doctor-y effect. As an added bonus the metal detail helps to keep the soft frame open giving you two hands to rummage around for all of your important crap. :)

It has two sets of handles. One set of small loops for hand holding and for gently resting in the crook of the elbow. 
Standard.

But my personal favorite is the longer shoulder strap. 
They are long enough for the bag to sit comfortably under your arm but not so long that they are unwieldy. 
On the inside there are pro's and con's.
It is primarily one pocket. There is a large zip section and a much smaller zip pocket that is easily relegated to phone storage.
I don't particularly mind this as I find when I have a lot of pockets to contend with I forget where I've put things and every transaction I make seems to take longer. 
In addition, without the extra pockets I have enough room here to store an umbrella which is nice, especially this time of year on the east coast, 
One of the coolest features of the bag is that the large zip pocket is actually removable. It can be used as a clutch or a pouch in other bags. Even as a great way to pack toiletries while traveling. 

It is pretty generous in size and would make a very chic, slouchy evening clutch that can hold a lot more than just the basics. Right now I've been allowing my lip product collection to overtake this space but it has the potential for much more.  

The finish on the inside is pretty nice too. It's an imitation leather bag overall but the cork on the inside is not only soft and durable but, it also does a nice impression of a suede finish on the inside of the bag. 

I have gotten so many lovely compliments on this bag so far and it has been so useful on a day to day basis.
It's perfect for work days. It fits the basics plus my lunch so that I don't have to carry more than one bag and if I make any little purchases throughout than there's room for those too.

I would highly recommend the Zara TRF selection, particularly if you are in need of a big girl bag that is not going to be an insane investment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.