Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Confessions| Lotioning for the Lazy

When it comes to the different areas of personal grooming there are definitely areas where we all falter.
Now not the important things (showers, teeth brushing, deodorant, etc... hopefully.) but, some of the extra things are known to go by the wayside around these parts. 
Nothing is easier for me to skip than lotion although, now that I'm getting older it seems more and more like a necessity.
I think I may have found a way to make lotion easy on myself.
 Now I have actually been looking for a pump bottle for my lotion for some time now.
Leave it to H&M Home to deliver and to deliver in the clearance section no less.

This little pink acrylic cube caught my eye almost immediately. While pink is more or less never a color I gravitate toward the shape and make of this made the color seem edgy and romantic which are two feelings I like in my life.

The pump bottle is good for a number of reasons. I can put the branded bottle (in this case Lush Retro Skin Sin) in the recycling bin and keep a lovely dispenser on display. Also the ease of access will (hopefully) encourage me to actually use this more.
Now that winter has rolled around I really can't not moisturize anymore. My skin simply will not have it. Especially my elbows...serious sandpaper territory.

The only con I have encountered so far (almost left that one as "so fart"...I'm 12) is that the pump is a little aggressive. The first time I pumped lotion out of it, it sprayed all over my pajamas. Ultimately it's better to learn this lesson while wearing pajamas but, it is an important thing to be aware of when I go to use this any other time but before bed. 

Now I know there are always parts of our routines that don't get the attention they should but what are yours?
I can tell you for sure my beauty shortcomings to not stop at body lotion. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.