Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

A.M. Skincare for People Who Hate Mornings


Ok, I don't hate mornings but I'm not very good at them.
I try so hard but that shit just hasn't come together for me yet. 
For a long time I have been forgoing this step completely. 
I know. The shame...
So over the last month I've decided  it's time to lady-up and pick a few simple products that I can use quickly everyday.
So far this skincare quartet has really been working. It's quick and easy to do and so far my skin has been seeing some major benefits.


First things first. I stumble blindly into the bathroom, dampen my hands and, slather on some of the Ren Clear Calm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser. That name is just atrocious. The cleanser on the other hand is lovely. I find the clay content is cleansing without being stripping and it easily removes any residue from my nighttime skincare.
It also doesn't require a lot of scrubbing or working to remove. Standard warm washcloth and you're cleansed and ready.

I like to follow that up with a quick spritz. Lately the Glossier Soothing Face Mist has taken the cake but before that I was reaching for the Herbivore Botanicals Balance Facial Toner. This time of year I like something that is both soothing and more on the hydrating side because the cold is no joke here in NYC and my neighborhood is windy with a capital W.

After that I layer on some of the Clinique All About Eyes De-Puffing Serum. This is the ideal A.M. skincare item. The formula is hydrating and cooling so it gives the eye area boost in hydration and reduces that morning bag situation. Bonus: It sinks into the skin very very quickly.

To close things out I have been moisturizing with the Origins Gin-Zing Energy Boosting Moisturizer. This is a soft, light, citrus-y scented Origins baisc that layers onto the skin and melts into the face in seconds. I will say I haven't noticed any dramatic or amazing changes in my skin with this product but it works well as a final hydrating step first thing in the morning. 

As you can see the theme here is "fast acting".
I know I need to look after my skin. I only have one skin. On the weekends I like to go all out but as far as getting out the door on the daily is concerned I have to streamline things considerably to avoid neglecting my skin completely.

How about you? Do you have any tips for getting out the door fast with happy skin to boot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.