Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Surprise Handbag Staple|NARS Barbarella

We all cave and buy products on the recommendation of someone, sometimes.

 Friend, magazine, blog...we have all, at one point or another, picked something up because we heard it through the grapevine.

Now these purchases can be kind of crap shoot. Sometimes you love them and sometimes they sit on your vanity they collect dust and every time you look at it you wonder what made you think that was a good idea in the first place.

NARS Barbarella is definitely the latter

Ever since I picked this up back in June I have been carrying it in my purse religiously. 

No matter what is on my eyes or the rest of my face this creates a nice even wash of a warm, sheer, peachy nude across the lips. The finish is slightly translucent to create the illusion of a god-given nude mouth and dries to a creamy satin texture. 

The formula is non drying and smells vaguely spa-like and herbal which is a huge upgrade from NARS traditional plasticine lip product odor. 

For me though it's the color that really drives this bag favorite home. It is a warm, mid-toned but not too dark peach nude shade. I have a hard time coming across nudes that work for me because they all seem so pink heavy and my yellow toned skin just can't handle it. The muted warmth of Barbarella is just perfect for me. 

The huge chunk of product already missing from this tube tells me that a repurchase will be in order when this bullet comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.