Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

FOTD: Holy Cobalt Batman!!

Summer is here! Last week, for the first time, it actually felt like Summer. The temperature was well into the 90's and while I'm certainly not a fan of the hot weather sitting in the nice hot sunshine felt so so good for a change. Another thing that felt nice for a change was reaching for a statement color to wear on my eyes.



On my eyes;
Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Clash
Urban Decay 24/7 Liners in Perversion and Radium
L'Oreal Infaillible Shadow in Gold Imperial (LE)
NYX Doll Eye Mascara


It was a bit grey out ironically when I took these photos to the color doesn't stand out quite the way it did in person. It was so nice to reach for something like this for a change. When I was in high school I used to reach for shades like this all the time but, as I've gotten older it has just become more infrequent.


On Face
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream in Light/Medium
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Pen in Radiant
Maybelline Super Stay 24hr Concealor
Bourjois Choclate Bronzer
NYX Blush in Mocha
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade
Lips
Number 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive


I think with the warmer weather I'm going to try and wear more outlandish colors a few times a month. This blue and shades like turquoise and violet look so nice against tan Summer skin that if I were ever going to pull these colors off and have it look tasteful it would have to be now.

Have you guys moved beyond your comfort zone lately? Did you enjoy it?

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.