Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rip Her to Shreds




Top: DIY Pants: Forever 21 Necklace: Forever 21 Shoes: Irregular Choice VIA Topshop (old!)


As I mentioned previously I've been on a DIY kick lately and this was the very first project I worked on. It's just a men's t-shirt with the back hem cut off and shredded to bits. Now I will say this is a very simple look to create, but quick it is not. I would say that all things considered this one top took about 6 hours to complete. That said, a smaller top would likely take less time, but I was going for a dramatic effect. 
I really do love the deconstructed look and the end result is exactly what I had been hoping for when I started the process. The final product is a bit delicate and should be handled accordingly (hand washing is a MUST!) it can also be a bit tricky to wear for this same reason. 
I love the way it paired with the bright colors in the pants and the accessories, and I think keeping the cami underneath nude was also the right choice. I did initially pair this with a belt but I thought the effect was better letting the shirt hang. The webby-ness (that's a word right?)of if is so neat for summer and a great way of doing see through with a more interesting texture. When the weather is hotter I can see wearing this as a beach cover-up or maybe even just with shorts leaving the back as is.

What do you guys think of a good DIY? Have you ever tried anything like this.
xoxo 
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.