Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Obsessed: Nail Decals

Seriously these things are so much fun.  One of the blogs I follow VIXPO (link!) posted about DIY Chanel nails using decals she had found on eBay for 1.99. I wasn't too keen on the designer logo decal but I headed over to the US eBay site to see if I could find anything similar. What I cam across was nail art heaven. Lucky Star Style Nail Decals is a whole eBay shop dedicated to the pursuit of all things nail decals. (link!)



I ordered 5 sets of 20 for $1.99 each. The shipping is free and she offers them in an adult size and a child size. As someone with ridiculously small nails the child size fits me perfectly. The larger size is 3/8" and the child is 1/4", so if you're not sure which would work for you just hold a ruler up to your nail (like I did :)) They apply just like a good old fashioned temporary tattoo, you know like when you were a kid.

There are two things that are important to remember when applying though. If any of the decals you're using have any white in them then that will show up clear when applied to the nail. This makes light base colors a must. However, if you do have any decals that are all black, they can be applies over almost any color. Secondly, you MUST wait for your polish to dry completely before you try applying the decal, if you don't you'll dent the polish while applying the design.  For most people this is not that big a deal, but I literally have to make a "Paint Dry" playlist to sit through or I get impatient and try to apply it before my color is dry. (so impatient!)


They come individually packaged in little ziploc bags in four strips of 5 with instructions. 

Essie: Navigate Her

Models Own: Utopia
Have you guys found anything good on eBay lately? I want to know!(Especially if it's nail related!)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.