Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

What a Mouthfull

I went into Rite Aid the other day looking for the new Escapism summer collection (hello cream blush!). I was disappointed not to find it especially because Revlon is 40% off this week. I did however come across the brand spankin' new and untouched display of these babies.

 This is the new, are you ready for it, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. Seriously what needs a name that long? Cumbersome name aside this is a fantastic drugstore product.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain $6-$9 at Drugstores
Modeled after the Tarte Lipsurgence pencils and the Clinique Chubby Sticks these provide a nice wash of color with a sheer jelly-like finish. I think these are the texture a lot of people were thinking of when the Lip Butters hit the scene. They are incredibly balmy and leave a really natural looking texture on the lips. The balm feeling sticks around for 4-5 hours on me and actually seems to moisturize my lips. The best part though is that once the balm has gone the product leaves behind an even wash of the color.

You do get 0.005 fewer grams of product in this version versus the more high end Tarte and Clinique couterparts, but for the significant price decrease I'm not especially concerned with the marginal size difference. I have also heard (but cannot personally confirm) that this incarnation of the product is more pigmented than its pricey-er cousins. It does however share the minty smell and taste of the higher end products.

I love these I think they are a perfect low maintenance summer lip product. The lid stays secure if you plan on carrying these in your bag and the product twists up so no sharpening required and no product waste. I enjoyed this so much that I even went out the very next day and got another color, and I'm thinking I might even get a couple more while they are on sale this week. I also believe these are new products so if you don't see them yet they will eventually become part of the permanent display.


Have you guys gotten excited about anything new lately?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.