Pages

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Under Eyes Like A Pro

My under eye circles are a constant state of consternation for me. I love embracing my natural beauty and all that jazz but I would also really love to look like I slept for more than 3 hours a night. 

My dark circles are hereditary so regardless of how well I sleep they just are. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Over the years I've tried many a solution and recently I've come across a couple more products that are making the task just that little bit more easy. 


I have a collection of concealer that borders on ridiculous. I buy all kinds of formulas and shades and correcter to get me looking up to snuff but one product that I've come back to lately is the Origins Planscription Concealer in the shade Light/Medium. This is a lovely brightening formula that looks so hydrating and skin like under the eyes it can sometimes be hard to see it there. The coverage is not perfect nor is the lasting power but, I do tend to layer this with other products (more on that next week.) to get the optimal effect from it. 

One thing I always do to any concealer to optimize it's longevity is set it with some kind of powder. This can be kind of a tricky thing though. When over-done it can make the area you just spent all that time correcting look dark, dry and crepe-y.

I am happy to report that the Besame Violet Brightening Powder does not suffer from any of these issues. This is a light and finely milled powder with a slight lavender hue that casts a subtle brightness under they eyes and taking up for anything not covered by the concealer. Unlike many other setting powders destined for the under eye, this formula actually seems to set my concealer and really makes the product last.

If you have a skin tone that is darker you may want to opt for the Vanilla Powder (Which is almost like Ben Nye's Banana Powder.) which will look less ashy on deeper skins. 

Paired together these two babes have really been getting it done for me in the under eye department. I do have some more favorites to show you for under eyes but that will come next week.

For now, tell me what it is you rely on to look well rested when you want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.