Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Come Correct



As a makeup junkie with hereditary dark under-eye circles and years of concealers and correctors under my belt it gets very hard to find things that do anything new for you. 

On my "to buy" list for this year's Spring VIB sale was a product I had heard so much about but just could not commit to the insane price tag.

It is so worth it.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector.
I picked mine up in shade number 1 as I think the slightly more pink toned hues provide a little more in the way of brightness than the more orange alternatives but if your discoloration is more purple-toned shade 2 might be the better choice.

I apply this in a very targeted way, only on the places that really need color correction, because I find that if I apply this all over it 1.) does not camouflage as well and 2.) is a big old waste of a very pricey product. It is also the only concealer I've ever liked applied better with a brush than with fingers. I used a small, pointed, synthetic concealer brush just to soften the edges of this concealer over the discoloration.

The formula is unlike anything else I've tried before. It's so thin and so pigmented all at the same time that it almost feels impossible. The Maestro Eraser (which I tested but did not buy) has a very very similar texture and finish is like the skin tone version of the corrector. 

The formula is ideal for layering under additional concealers which is a necessary step when you're dealing with a corrector that is this different from most people's skin tones. 

This formula doesn't crease and wears well on me for about 8-9 hours. 

Just like everyone else I've seen talk about this I can easily see this becoming an oft-repurchased part of my daily makeup routine. It's expensive but you get a lot of milage and a lot of pay off out of a product like this so if you are in the market for a concealer and you can spare the dough I would highly recommend give the Master Corrector a try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.