Pages

Thursday, April 09, 2015

My Favorite Way to Smell Like a Man

I love a really strong fragrance. Not only do I like a strong fragrance but I love a masculine scent. Nothing overly "cologne-y" just with a strong wood, moss or, spice factor. 

This could be because after trying to wear them for years I realized all of those fruity and candy-like saccharine scents just didn't work on my skin. Maybe it was because I moved to New York at 18 and decided, among many other things, that I needed a "grown up" scent. 

I'm not sure what it is but one thing is for sure for all the strong, earthy, sexy smells I love the only one I go back to time and time again is Fresh's Cannabis Santal
Now I've mentioned this scent many times on here before but I just couldn't help it. After being without it for so long and finally picking it up again I remembered all of the things I loved so much about it.

Now don't let the name fool you, there isn't much in the way of ganja or even too much sandalwood at play here, although that is the more prominent of the two notes featured in the tittle. What this really smells like is Patchouli and chocolate...and not at all in the order you might expect. 

I find when I first apply this I get a very strong hit of the patchouli but it settles nicely and as a not wears well for hours. There is something almost green and fresh smelling about it in this fragrance which I quite like because I think it helps prevent it from smelling too dated. When the fragrance tries down the chocolate really starts to emerge. The scent retains a little of the earthiness from the patchouli even once the sweeter notes emerge which helps keep it grounded and strong smelling. 

My favorite thing about this is that it's a scent that wears very close to the body. For as strong as it is, it never seems to enter a room before you do. It's like the unicorn of masculine fragrances. Strong but not obtrusive and a little bit sweet. 

Sign me up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.