Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Seasonally Appropriate?

I love a bit of nail polish. A few months ago now I did a little post on all of my favorite spring nail colors and since then I feel I may have changed by tune a little.

Now don't get me wrong those are all lovely and beautiful colors but part of me has had a really hard time feeling spring-y due to some of the ongoing awful weather. Now that the cold seems to be more or less behind us my days are thrilled but my nails haven't really gotten the memo. 

So this is my rather seasonally inappropriate selection of shades.



Now first of all that Sephora Formula X shade was the freebie I got in their recent VIB Rouge giftbag. The contents of that goodie bag were pretty questionable but the one thing I didn't have an issue with was the baby poop green nail polish. No, this is not an April Fools joke come two weeks too late I just like it.  I will say though that some of the hauls I've seen lead me to believe everyone got different shades in the same color family for this event. 

Mine is the shade Paramount and it is a lovely sage/putty color that I am currently wearing and luuurving.

Next door is an OPI goodie from a few spring's back called I Don't Give A Rotterdam. This is a pale slate grey with a very very fine but, still visible, white gold sparkle in it. This has been something, in years past, I have reached for during the warm weather months when I'm just not feeling the pastelneonflowerpowerpinkymint thing.

On to sparklier things I have an Orly favorite that I don't only love because it looks like bottled mermaid tears but because the name is SO RADICALLY DIFFERENT from the emotion the color inspires. Orly's Sparkling Garbage came out with a collection a couple of years ago and is a sheer jelly teal with ultra fine holo sparkle in it. 

This needs underwear or it will be transparent but it is a stunning polish all the same. 

Finally is a Deborah Lippmann shade I nabbed on sale at Ulta back around Holiday times that I've been loving a lot more now than I did then. It is, again, a slate grey but this time it's a slate grey chunky hex glitter in a smokey sheer base. Mmmmm I Love the Nightlife is like a springtime thunderstorm in a bottle. 

Even over your classic pale spring pastels this adds a hint of rock n roll to gussie up the likes of Essie's Fiji and Mademoiselle. 

So that's my round up of my not so Spring-like springtime nail polish shades, 

Maybe it's just be, although that seems unlikely, but every season I have this moment where I want to wear the exact opposite of what's considered "appropriate". Whether you want to call it being contrary or individuality I don't know but it certainly does make me smile. 

What have you been sporting lately? Appropriate or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.