Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

The Foundation Chronicles| Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide

 I have been using and loving my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for nearly a year now and as much as I do love it I've been itching to try something new. As I get older I start to like base products more and more. I'm not sure why that is exactly but the mission for the base that lets just enough imperfection show through to remain believably skin-like while showing all of my color products off to their fullest potential.

Not a tall order in the slightest.

I will say though, the Flawless Fluide is the closeset to perfect I've come yet. 


In fact I think the formula is perfect. I was nervous at first because it felt more silicone heavy than I thought in store but after I applied it the feel was nothing like my previous experiences with silicone based products. I think the difference is that the content that feels like a silicone is actually silica which is the powder format and that seems to not have the same reaction on my skin as it's ingredient cousin. It is a slightly runny and incredibly light weight texture when worn. If you don't want to feel like there is something on your skin I highly recommend this formula.

The color match is also pretty lovely. Creme seems to suit my current winter worn pale skin perfectly. It's a very fair slightly yellow leaning color that blends in seamlessly. Sometimes I will dust over the skin with my Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light as it adds a hit more depth to the color which on warmer days is an addition I welcome. Once the weather really gets warmer I think I may have to swap this out for something else because there isn't much in the way of a shade match darker than this for me.

I apply about a nickel sized amount every morning with my fingertips and if I have an area that needs a little more heft I will go back in with a drop more just on the necessary bits. 

The best part about this? It wears ALL DAY for me. It's the only thing I've tried in the last two years that didn't give me wear issues practically at all. No primer and a light dust of powder in the morning and I am home free with this. 

I am seriously considering a Summer shade in this if I get enough color to warrant it. So as much as I have tried a few new things in the last year or so that I've liked this one is by far the winner. Have you guys tried this one yet or do you have any recommendations for things that are similar?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.