Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Capsule|Extra Glow

Now I love me a good highlighter. All year long but especially lately and, despite my laziness in the mornings, I have been making time to add a touch of shine to my daily face.

Especially because the warmer weather has made me extra uh,,,social...which means I am extra dehydrated.

Don't drink and make up.



The formula I have actually been reaching for the most is Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in the shades Pearl and Opal. Mine are from their little Holiday '14 Trio but thankfully they have started offering the formula in a smaller size than it's original gigantic pump bottle.

I don't understand the radical magic of this product but it creates this high-shine look that seems to just happen naturally in your skin. I had a POP Beauty blush like this once that I loved but these really take the cake. If you're into highlighter I highly recommend you check these out if you have not already done so.

For a similar, if slightly less refined, effect I would reach for the Illamasqua Cream Blush in Lies. Not super easy to find in the states anymore but a stunner of a product in it's own right. If the Becca version is a glow this is a wet look kind of shine effect.

Despite looking pink in the pan it is translucent white when on the skin and is not for those seeking a "natrual" look.
For those of you who do want something more understated I love MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade. Mine is the old packaging and was once limited edition but has since been made a permanent addition to the collection. There is a very slight sheen here but this just creates a natural looking lightening of the area where this is applied. If you are a dude looking for something subtle this could be a home run.

Something in between the in your face glow and the barely there hint of sheen is something like theBalm's Cindy Lou-Manizer. While her golden colored cousin Mary is touted for insane amounts of shine Mary gives a gentle hint of a peach glow. If you are exceptionally fair this might be better suited as a blush as it is pretty pigmented but on  my very light skin I can easily use this just to highlight. 

I especially like the look of this one with more bronze toned looks on the cheeks and eyes. 

So that's the current round up of highliters hitting my face at the moment. I can't say the selection is radically new but if I had to pick my favorites these would definitely be top of the list.

So is your morning routine a no-highlight-zone or are you crazy like me and loading up on it on Mondays before work ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.