Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Gift Guides|The Stocking Stuffer

 I think filling my family's stockings is one of my favorite things about Christmas shopping.
It's a nice mix between buying your loved ones the little things they need and special little things that are just nice to have.

At least that's how we usually do it in my family.
Everyone's traditions are different but, I thought it would be nice to give you guys a once over of all the things I like to add to my family's stockings beauty wise.

Admittedly these are inherently more feminie gifts but if you have lots of ladies to buy for this could be helpful.
If you are into men's gifts tune into TheUnanimousMolly on YouTube on Wednesday for a more in depth gift guide video!



In addition to things like socks, shower gel and handkerchiefs (for my dad) I have a small selection of things I go for when it comes to the Christmas Stocking. It usually falls into three categories.

The Products: 
I like to add little products that are split evenly between frivolous and practical. The Body Shop had some killer sales over Black Friday and extended well into the week after Cyber Monday and I took advantage. I picked up the travel size of their Hemp Hand Protector with the intention of giving it to my mother. It smells like Patchouli which she hates so I've since picked up the Almond Hand and Nail Cream for her and kept this for myself. It really is well worth it's best seller moniker and makes the hands feel both hydrated and protected. 
On the more frivolous side of things the Bite Beauty Mix N Mingle Lip Ornaments have been talked about endlessly this holiday season and for great reason. They are a really quality product in a wide range of shades at an extremely fair price. I picked up the Matte Creme Lip Crayon in the shade Aubergine (which I think is old out) but they do an excellent range of formulas and shades to make these little gift items as widely appealing as possible and I think they hit the nail on the head. If you have a lip product junkie on your stocking filler list there is something in the Bite range for them.
The Practical:
Who said tools can't be pretty too? I always like to pass along the things I love that are either effective or witty or both when I gift. So this year my practical beauty bits are the kinds of things that I think are both amazing tools and silly everyday items that are maybe a little harder to come by.
The glass nail file is something I've banged on about forever. It's amazing on your nails, earth friendly and, it is so much faster than a traditional emery board. Even for the ladies in your life who don't polish their nails this would come in handy, especially paired well with one of the previously mentioned hand creams. 
I have had a quiet love affair with Pamela Barksy's makeup bags since I first discovered them at Artists and Fleas over a year ago. They are basic, witty, and made of canvas, which means they will wash up like a dream. For a friend of mine I opted for the "Lipgloss is for Beginners" print but the options are really endless and I seriously want them ALL!
The Pretty:
What is a Christmas stocking without a little extra decoration?
If I can find something cute and inexpensive I like to opt for a small bit of costume jewelery  Something that is unique and pretty but not too statement making and today on the last legs of my own Christmas shopping (yay!) I found just the thing...and bought it for myself. It's a Cube Ring, and while I got mine at a local "everything" store I have found a dead on dupe on Etsy for around the same price. So.Cute.
Finally something that I am so excited to include in my Mom's Christmas stocking in a couple weeks time is this scarf. The shop I was in had it in a few colors but for my Mom's predominately Navy wardrobe this seemed like the perfect option. It's a little lightweight for keeping warm but, as her office can be quite cold I think it might be a nice day-long accessory for her. Similar style here.

I hope you guys found this little selection of goodies helpful in your quest for gifts this year.
Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.