Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Spectrum| Silver and Gold

This time of year you are never going to see me miss an opportunity to add a little bit of metalic shine or over the top sparkle to my look. 
Hell sometimes throughout the rest of the year I will make an opportunity to sparkle. 

So today on the blog I'm going to do the rundown of all the places I like to add a touch of silver, gold or, both. 
Daytime, nighttime or, both? Well that's up to you. 

That's a lie...glitter everywhere!!!

I think the most accessible place to put some metallic action on your person is, as always, the nails. With your nails, even if you can only indulge on the weekends, you have the freedom to sort of expand your beauty horizons without feeling like you look overdone when you catch yourself in the mirror. For this you can go two ways. The high shine metallic finish of Zoya's Trixie. It is a traditional bright silver shade with a slight sparkle to it. I find the sparkle breaks up any would be brush strokes that can show up in metallic finish polishes but the Zoya formula is so on point that it just looks like clean even tin foil on your nails. 
To add a slightly more confetti (read:party) feeling to my tips I like to reach for a shard glitter. The uneven shape make for a more "organic" looking glitzy finish. American Apparel's Meteor Shower is my shade of choice but I do think you can find this type of polish from another brand.

On the eyes I think cream products excel at metallic and glitter finishes. The cream texture minimizes the potential for fallout and really lends itself to a high shine finish. You can go about this all over the lid with a cream shadow or you can opt for a hit of shine with a liner. 
For all over the lid the options are kind of limitless. Almost every brand that sells a cream shadow sells them is variations on silver and gold. For all over he l like to go a hair darker and to have some added sparkle. 
The MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvee is a deep metallic gunmetal color with some bright silver shimmer shot through it. You can wear this alone as a low maintenance smokey eye or beef it up with some darker shades for a more dramatic effect. 
For a gold I think the ELF Studio Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow (really?) in Toast. It is a warm, slightly deepened antique gold with some silver shimmer running through it. The light price point means that this works best with a primer underneath but the finish looks far pricier than the $3 this will run you. Especially if this shiny sparkly look is not something you are going to do often having to spend less than five bucks on your party makeup is ideal.
For just a slick of shine the NYX Slide on Liner in Platinum is lovely. This formula can't seem to stand up to life on my waterline but on my upper and lower lash line it wears like a champ and is so shiny! Sometimes I'll do a nice thick line of this with some black liner at the at the base of the lashes for definition. It's like the nighttime version of the "I'm late" face.
As a bonus I am rehashing my love for the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Gold. This came in their holiday kit and is limited edition. Seriously if you haven't gotten this kit yet, pick it up. This beautiful, natural, high shine highlight in a sunny gold hue is not to be missed. 

I think that's a fairly thorough outline of some of my favorite Silver and Gold bits for all your party needs. 
Hopefully you found something here to flesh out your next party looks and if you have a favorite that I'm missing out on let a girl know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.