Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Smoking the Compettition

Everyone has gone on about it and as per usual I have put off trying it but, as of last Saturday the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown (Formerly Medium Ash) is smoking my current brow products.

There are a list of pros and cons (after the jump) but really this is a damn near perfect brow pencil.



The Good:
The Color: Medium Brown (Medium Ash) is the color I think every brunette has been searching high and low for in a brow pencil. It is more or less a 50/50 brown and grey blend.
It seems to perfectly mimic the effect of both brow hairs and a natural shadow of the brow on the face. If you are the kind of person who is constantly encountering issues where your brows are too red, too orange, or just slightly not quite right in color I would encourage you to give this one a try.
Or if you are in the market for a different shade the Anastasia range gives you nine to chose from.

The precision on this thing is insane. I always thought that the smaller tip would make for a more tedious application but in truth I think it makes things faster. I find I can quickly place the color down without fear of it getting all over the place or getting too dark. 

Finally, while this is not exactly a budget brow product, compared to my last favorite The Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil from Hourglass it is about $15 dollars cheaper.

The Bad:

The amount of product you get. 
Yes the Hourglass was pricier but I've had that pencil for a year and with daily use I still have a little bit left. There is no way this pencil will last that long, especially if you have a lot of filling in to do. 
While it is something to keep in mind if this is something you're interested in I can tell you for sure that it won't stop me from repurchasing in the future.

What do you guys think?
Have you tried this yet?
Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.