Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Lip Liner for Noobs

I have been resisting this. 
Something about the whole lip liner thing makes me feel very high maintenance and like I am spending too long doing one thing.
OCC had other plans for me though. 
I added this to my cart with the rest of my Black Friday Haul goodies thinking this was a more warm toned brown pencil but in reality it is the prefect my lips but better lip pencil. 
Go figure. 
So with OCC's Cosmetic Color Pencil in Trick in hand I sat down to see how I felt about this oft neglected step in my beauty routine.
So the first time I went at my lips with the nicely sharpened pencil things went kind of...wonky.

You would think it would be easy to just follow your lip line but no...no no no. When you go even a little wrong it seems to look so glaringly off that I ended up just wiping it off and starting it over. 

I will admit that standing up with a hand mirror in the middle of the living room is not the best place to start.

Next try I sat down at my desk with a real mirror and actually gave it a try.

You know what? I think I'm sold.

I took this around the outside of my lip line and blended some color into the corners to create a vaguely three dimensional effect, leaving just my lip color in the centers of my lips. I went over it with a sheer glossy balm and voila naturally defined and shaded lips.

I can't say this is something I'll be breaking out all the time but I really think it is going to come in handy especially when a more dramatic eye is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.