Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

The Winter Bronzer

 
I rarely reach for a bronzer. It's not a product I feel adds a lot to my makeup experience and often creates more problems for me than it creates benefits for me. 
Until now.
Essiebutton of the YouTube variety has talked at length about the Body Shop Honey Bronzer in  Light Bronze and over the Pre-Holiday sales I picked one up to test drive.

 
It is a very, very subtle shade. If you are anything but fair-skinned this will not show up on you.
 Like not at all.

Even on my skin it doesn't create a very dramatic or overly bronzed effect and that's exactly why I love it. 
It's fool proof.

It lends itself to careless 7 A.M. application and creates a gentle sunkissed effect over the skin. I apply generously to the tops of my cheeks, across the bridge of my nose, my forehead and lightly across my chin. It adds some subtle definition and warmth without ever really being detectable. 

The powder itself is finely milled and nicely pigmented. It doesn't leave any full coverage effect but more of a believable matte veil over the skin. 

I dub this the bronzer for people who hate bronzer.

I can't help but feel like I've said something like that before but this time I mean it. 
Until the next time I say it but, I'll mean it then too.

That's why makeup is fun!

If you are in the market for an easy to use and relatively affordable bronzer this is a good one to check out. If you have a deeper skin-tone there are other shades in the range but, I cannot speak to the tone or color there. I have swatched the others and they all feel lovely but the color preference from shade to shade will come down to personal preference.

Are you a fan of The Body Shop makeup? Have you tried it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.