Pages

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Gifts Guide|Secret Santa


I love a good Secret Santa.
Whether it's in the family or in the office it's a nice way to a gift that is thoughtful, useful and makes the recipient feel special. 
There are some beauty, accesory and home choices and while they are primarily geared toward women there are a couple of things in here I think a man might love.


First up is a Classic Tartan Scarf. I found the red plaid option above years ago at TJMaxx and I'm sure you could find something like this there again but amazon or eBay can also be your friend here. It's a solid gender neutral option and tied up with some cookies or chocolates I think it would make a particularly nice office gift especially if you do more of a grab bag gift exchange.

Next is something I found today wihle I was out buying gift wrap at Michael's (I cannot find a link to this exact one but I did find something similar.) and it's this adorable monogrammed mug. It's very reminiscent of something Kate Spade did last year but for a whopping $6. Pack this puppy full of your favorite tea, coffee, hot chocolate, or you could even pop some nail polish in there and it would make a great gift. Here I have it packed full of the Lipton Vanilla and Caramel Black Tea which is a delicious option.

Then I have a stand by purchase I make for myself every winter and that is a DWHome Tobacco scented candle. Whether it's the classic wick style called Warm Tobacco Pipe or the wood wick version pictured here it is a sweet, smokey and warm scent that would be lovely to share. While the tobacco type scents might be strong for some people the brand offers a wide variety of scents and I have not had a dud candle from them once. They are available on Amazon but like the scarf I am going to recommend you look at your local TJMaxx and Marshalls for a much much better deal.

 
Now for some more beauty geared choices I've found some really stellar gift sets from Ulta this year. Now these were a really bargain when I  nabbed them on Thanksgiving night (online not in store.) but even now they are a steal.
The Art of Shaving Unscented gift set is actually part of a gift for my brother but I think it's a lovely selection of introductory products for any man on your list. I was worried the products were going to be teeny but in person they are a nice size and the unscented is especially good for anyone who may have sensitive skin.
For the ladies this Butter London "Cut Up" glitter polish three pack is a great treat. I will say be careful, on the website these are portrayed as full sizes but they are mini's (half sizes to be exact). You get a rosy-golden pink shade, a milti color and a black, white and silver shard glitter so there is a glitter for everyone.
At 25$ a pop both of these kits come in at a cozy Secret Santa price tag and offer a nice selection beauty things to try for all kinds of gift recipients.

So...this is I think the first of two gift posts for the festive season and I am trying to make them a little bit different from everyone else's so we'll see how that turns out. 
Happy gifting everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.