Pages

Monday, December 08, 2014

Use Protection

It's COLD.
The worst part is that here in NYC it is only going to get worse before it gets better. 
Yeah there is something warm and fuzzy about the Holiday Season but come January 2nd we'll all be counting down the days until Spring.

As it is my skin is screaming for hydration and I am slowly including things into my morning routine to help defend against the painful winter winds. 


I have been employing two morning moisturizers. 
I know it seems excessive but where I would normally use an oil or a serum at night I have been using the Origins GinZing Energizing Moisturizer. Ordinarily the only A.M. hydrating product I would use it has not been enough the last couple of weeks. I am however in the market for a good AM serum that sinks in quickly but is more effective than double moisturizers.

To help seal in the hydration from the Origins and to add a little on top I have been going in with a touch of the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer. It helps to better seal in the moisture and creates a nice smooth canvas that makeup sits on nicely. There seems to be a lot of love for this moisturizer and, while I do like it. it is neither hydrating enough nor does it even out my skin the way others claim it can. That said it is a beautiful primer. 

Now the hydration doesn't stop when the makeup-ing starts. I nabbed a 100 point perk of the Bobbi Brown BB Cream when I popped into Sephora to get mom Mom's Christmas present a few weeks ago and have been having a love affair with it ever since. The level of coverage teamed with the level of moisture is unprecedented in my collection. I think this is going to be a cold weather staple for me. It wears well powdered throughout the day and the shade Fair is a damn near perfect match for my skin. Consider me sold on the full size. 

Finally the lips. When the weather is cold I always hold off on applying any daily lip color until I reach my destination. Being the kind of New Yorker who relies on mass transit daily and as such spends a lot of time walking I like to give my lips a strong barrier from the cold. There is no stronger barrier than the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm.  It is the only product I own backups of. Do your winter lips a favor and just try it. It's expensive for a lip balm but will easily last you a year and will treat you better than you ever imagined a lit balm could.

That is what I have been using to try and combat the cold cold air but as with anything is always subject to change.  
Hopefully before things get unbearably cold I will have a solid serum to back things up and to create real hydration for my skin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.