Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

In Defense of Exspensive Brushes

 I am a big believer in budget beauty tools.
I think more is gained by putting the money into the product rather than putting money into the tool if you are in a position where you have to choose. 
There are so many budget brushes out there that are an amazing value for money.
 There is more to come on that topic from me next week but, today I want to talk about putting extra money into unique tools that will give you the results that budget alternatives can't.

I bought my first Wayne Goss brush from Beautylish on Black Friday and I am seriously in love.


I opted for the Number 08 Brush from Goss' collection and it is literally the most amazing, smallest and most precise push liner brush I have ever seen.

This is not a surprise coming from him as he is such a huge proponent of a push-liner technique that I just knew his brush for this purpose was going to be unparalleled.  

As a lady with slightly hooded eyelids I often like to use a powder and a push liner brush to add definition without taking up too much visible lid space. I have used brushes from Crown, EcoTools, and Royal and Langnickel to do this before but if you saw them next to the Goss version you would laugh. 

This brush can get so far into your lashes that it doesn't create any visible line on the skin, just the addition of volume in the lashes and definition to the eye. The precision and control this creates is just unreal and despite running a hefty $17 dollars this preforms like no other push liner brush I've ever tried.

Like I said; more often than not buying pricey brushes is not worth it but, every now and then you come across a tool that is so effective that it's worth shelling out an extra 10$ or so (or more) to get the look you are really after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.