Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

In Defense of Inexspensive Brushes

So before Christmas I did a few words on why I think sometimes it's worth it to shell out on exspensive brushes.
I mentioned in that post that I was going to mention a couple of brushes that I've gotten at a bargain price that really measure up to some of their high-end alternatives. 

These two babies came home to me after Coastal Scents had their 50% sale on Black Friday and I could not be happier with them. 


Up top is the BR-250 otherwise known as the Pro Blending Fluff Brush. This is a dead on dupe for the MAC 217 Blending Brush. It's a must have for any eye makeup enthusiast and to be able to find the same effect for a tenth of the price is really astounding. 
You can use this brush for the whole look from applying color to the lid as well as all over blending.  For five dollars full price it doesn't hurt to have a few of these on hand for emergencies. 

The next brush is the BR-B-S27 or Elite Powder Brush. I picked up this one because it looks so very similar to the Bobbi Brown Face Blender Brush. I can't say how they actually compare because I don't have the Bobbi Brown but, the Elite Powder is a beautiful thing. 
It's a dense synthetic brush, unlike the goat hair of it's expensive cousin, that applies blush beautifully. It makes a smoothly blended even color application but, is small enough to keep the color from getting out of hand. As I said for the Blending Fluff Brush, at six bucks it might not be a bad idea just to give it a swing. 

I've had a selection of brushes from Coastal Scents brushes for nearly 5 years now and all of them have washed up impeccably and remain in great working shape. As with any budget alternative you run the risk of getting a dud but it has yet to happen to me. 

If you are interested in brushes but are on a budget the price and selection you can find from places like Coastal Scents, Crown Brush and, Royal and Langnickel are a great place to get started. 
So while sometimes a nice investment brush pays dividends its always smart to know exactly where to spend your money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.