Pages

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Wear All the Sparkle (And A SALE!)

ALERT! Deborah Lippmann polishes are being clearanced out at Ulta!* Not everything but a lot of cool shades are going for as low at 3$ a bottle. For a brand that normally goes for 20$ each this sale is worth checking out!

 Tis the season to wear ALL the glitter!
I used to be the kind on beauty creature that liked to wear glitter all of the time but as I've gotten older I find myself less and less drawn to it. 
The worst part is I have a big girl job and I can still wear anything I want on my nails but I usually just stick to cream finishes.
 That is about to change.


The first two shades that I nabbed on sale at my local Ulta are from the queen of glitter Deborah Lippmann. 
The best find is the lilac-silver shade in a sheer grey base called I Love the Nightlife. For me this is new yeas in a bottle. So much pretty. The second shade, Cleopatra in New York, is more of a vampy sparkle. The gold glitter in a sheer black base is a little bit more high contrast and I think makes a bigger statement on the nail.

One thing is for sure, if you are in the market for a treat than a DL glitter is a really good way to go.
 
Now for all of you ladies who aren't in disco ball mode yet I do have some slightly less in your face options. 

If you still want a hint of glitter China Glaze's Snow Globe is going to be your friend. It is a soft iridescent small white hex glitter in a clear base. Over a nude or a classic pink this is just going to add a suggestion of sparkle without owning the manicure. I think this one is even nice in the warmer months, especially as an accent or gradient, to make things a little more interesting.
More bang for your buck is always nice right?

Lastly, if glitter is really not your thing go the metallic route. There is no polish more festive than Butter London's Knees Up. It's a high shine red foil that looks like wrapping paper on your nails. I bought this last spring in preperation for this Christmas season and this is the first time I've busted it out. 
No joke.

So hopefully you guys are enjoying the festive kickoff and are looking forward to some new things from me now that regulrly scheduled programing has resumed. 

What are some of your favorite festive sparkles to drag out this time of year?
*The Deborah Lippmann deal is in store only. All links are full price!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.