Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

When Hard to Find Products are Worth the Wait

 Lately I have been lucky enough to score some much longed for beauty items, from hard to find brands, at really amazing prices.

While this occurrence is a rare one I think it's worth pointing out when the products you have built up in your mind end up being just as amazing as you hoped they would be. 

These two goodies really do not disappoint.

First up is the Beaute Liquid-Gel Stain. This product was much celebrated by Cami of CamiLovesKiwi on YouTube, who sadly doesn't make videos too much anymore but regardless her excellent taste made a lasting impression on me.

When I found out they were running a 45% off sale on Black Friday I knew this was my opportunity to take advantage and after wearing both shades a few times I can say the praise was much deserved.

They apply like a thin gloss that coats the lips evenly and, even though it's a stain, you have a solid minute (give or take) to move the product around and get it everywhere you want it without fear of it sticking or clinging to any one spot. 

On top of that it wears amazingly well through eating, drinking and overall everyday mouth use.
A stellar product, worth every penny and, available in some great shades. (I picked up Fever and Flouron)

It can be a tad drying but to add to the amazing, if you add a bit of balm over the top it hydrates without smudging.
What?!

Next is a brand that so many people in the online beauty community have talked about and, as a result, it has become slightly more readily available in recent years.

About a month ago I nabbed two Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadows on Haute Look and have been anxiously awaiting their arrival. 

I grabbed one shade in the impressively heavy and quality plastic compact and one shade loose in a more pro-pan format. When it comes to RBR the eponymous shade is a beautiful antique green-gold called Abyssinian Catbird. This is literally an amazing shade that I can see myself wearing all the time. It's the perfect midway between a color and a neutral and would make a stunning holiday smokey eye with just a generous mascara application to compliment it.

To offset the slightly more complex shade I picked up Bohemian Waxwing which is a neutral if not slightly cool toned nude taupe. This is a little bit different than I thought it would be but I can definitely see using this. I could be a stellar one and done shade on lazy mornings and used to compliment other natural every day shades in my routine. 

I am seriously so impressed with the formula here. They are rivaled only by my Marc Jacobs shadows and if you have access to HauteLook it would benefit you tremendously to keep your eyes peeled for these again. Even at full price, if you find a color that sings to you, snatch it up.

Don't you just love it when things work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.