Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Foundation Chronicles| Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35

 Man, sometimes those Sephora 100 point perks really work.
I can go for months and months and not want any of them and then all of a sudden something comes along, I try it and, I'm totally sold.

When I saw that the Bobbi Brown BB Cream (say that 5 times fast.) in the display case at check I was curious enough to ask the associate what shade it came in. 
When she said Fair I immediately blurted out "I'll take one" 

That was a month ago and I haven't looked back.
I have not tried very many things from Bobbi Brown but it seems like every time I do I just fall in love with them.

I used up the corrector almost two years ago and for some bewildering reason have yet to repurchase. I guess the beauty grass is always greener on the other side right?!
With the weather getting colder and Chanel's Vita Lumiere Aqua drying out my complexion a base product that promises to deliver coverage and hydration all in one step was just what the doctor ordered.
As a winter foundation this is perfect and one of the closest things I've encountered to the eastern BB Creams I've tried. It is more than a tinted moisturizer in coverage and seems to "set" on the skin. Now I use the word set lightly because it never really dries but it does sort of sink into the skin and lose it's tacky moisturizer nature. 

What it doesn't lose is it's hydrating nature. It keeps my skin feeling nice and soft well into midday which is something I haven't been able to achieve with any of my regular daytime creams. As a result the coverage starts to breakdown around 5 o'clock when I'm leaving work but at that point if I have anywhere to be I'm touching up anyway. 
Not a deal breaker for me. 

To sweeten the deal it has a nice high factor SPF to it and since I am rocking the perennial office tan these days a little SPF boost in my morning routine is all I am really looking for.

So bonus points to this little perk as the full size will definitely be making its way into my life in short order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.