Pages

Thursday, December 04, 2014

The Joy of Giving...To Yourself


Now this is of course the time of year to treat the ones you love to things that you know they'll love. 
Whether that means a plate of homemade cookies or an extravagant store bought item it always feels so nice to pass a little extra love around this time of year. 

...but I would be lying if I said I didn't treat myself to a few new things between gifts for others. 

With all of the sales, my inherent willingness to spend (amplified by Christmas music) and the convenience of getting things done from the comfort of my couch how is a girl supposed to resist?

On top of all that I have been eyeing up one of Charlotte Tilbury's eyeshadow palettes since her brand launched in the states back over the Summer.

This past weekend I bit the bullet and hit "checkout".


I settled on her Golden Goddess palette. Now this was not the palette I initially wanted but I am really happy with it. This doesn't seem to be available anymore on Tilbury's website so I'm not sure if it's being phased out but I got mine on Beautylish and it's still available there.
It has a nice range of shades, finishes, and undertones that all work as well together as they do separately.

The thing I love about this palette, is that it's a gold toned palette that has just enough cool vs warm tones for my beauty habits. One cool taupe gold paired with three varying warm bronze-y gold shades lines up with my makeup tendencies almost perfectly. 

That glitter shade is stellar as well. The finish reminds me a lot of the Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadows and creates a smooth wet look on the lid.
The quality of these shadows is really lovely. They are soft, blendable and richly pigmented. 
They are well worth the luxury price tag in my opinion and a nice thing to check out if you are looking to treat yourself, or someone else, to something a little indulgent this year. 

The one thing I am not sold on is the marketed application technique but, this is most certainly user error. I am not Charlotte Tilbury and makeup magic is not born from my fingertips on the daily so...my plebeian makeup techniques will have to do for now.

With these shades in tow though, its not going to look bad.

As a side note, the people at Beautylish are so SO lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.