Pages

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Edinburgh #zitosonparade

Oh Edinburgh.
Featured on every one of my fellow collegiate travelers to see lists it very quickly become on of my favorite places to visit. So much so that when I graduated I took my roommate back for a visit and she fell in love too. Up until recently I had never left Edinburgh not hungover. Classy.
Now that I'm no longer a college student the city holds less of a long term appeal but it is no less beautiful for that fact. 
With mounds of tourists over flowing at every turn it can be tricky to capture how stunning it is.

Let's try shall we?


St John's Church
 We were only there for the day so we only saw Old Town but there is so much to see there that you could easily spend a whole trip there.
 The view of New Town from Edinburgh Castle. 
 Edinburgh Castle Clock Tower.

 One of my very favorite places in Old Town is Greyfriars Kirkyard. I've mentioned before and I'll say it again before the vacation recap is over but I love a good cemetery. Greyfriars was one of the first I encountered that really truly sold me on visiting them in most of the places I went. 

It has a rich, sordid and sad history that is work looking into if you are looking for a fascinating Google spree. If you're a Harry Potter fan you may even see some names you recognize on some of the headstones.
 George Heriot's School Edinburgh. The inspiration behind Hogwarts.


 Edinburgh Castle from Cowgate. Taken from in front of the hostel I stayed in on my two prior visits. (I highly recommend them if you're in the market for that kind of stay,)
 Another thing I think you have to do if you're visiting is climb Arthur's Seat. It's not necessarily the easiest climb but it is well worth the work for a view like the one below.
 This time around Mom and I did it at sunset and it was exceptionally stunning.

 Holyrood Palace and New Town from the seat.
 A view of Calton Hill and some of Edinburgh's remaining Roman ruins. 
I hope you guys enjoyed these snippets of my day in Edinburgh with the rest of the Zitos. Just a few more stops before the vacation ends.
Til next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.