Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Nails:New In

It has been quite a while since I've purchased nail polishes. Not just since I've featured them on the blog but since I've bought any period. 

I had amassed such a large collection at one point that it became overwhelming.

A little over a year ago I got rid of a whole bunch of colors and have bought very few new colors since. 

When I was away on vacation though, I thought it would be a lovely opportunity to give a couple of new to me formulas a shot.* 


First up is the Bourjois 1 Second Gel Polish. I like the strange shape of this bottle and I find that the long handle makes for a comfortable grip while applying. In addition the notoriously wide brush makes application easy and fast. My only gripe, as someone with narrow nail beds, when I get to my pinky nail things can get a little messy. 

I picked up the shade Violine Hypnotique which is a beautiful shimmering burgundy shade which will be a perfect go to for the fall and cooler months but will most certainly be gracing my digits many times before then.

*Upon Googling it seems this formula has some us availablity!! (here and here)

The second variety I reached for was the Barry M Gelly Nail Paints. This is a funny formula. It's a traditional skinny brush and a very thick and viscus formula. So it is tricky to apply, it drags on the nail but then it drips off the brush. 

Having said that, once it is applied it looks thick, juicy and ultra shiny. I picked up the shades Lychee, and nice classic nude and Paprika, a warm orange brown red color.  

Ultimately these are both lovely formulas but I would say you can get similar things from the drugstores in the states.

I am really excited to rock that Paprika shade though. 
Is it Fall yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.