Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The New Matte

There is no denying at this point that, by and large, Revlon does some of the best lip products at the drugstore. Lately though, I feel like I have been very underwhelmed by my budget lip buys... until now.
 

The new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm are a lovely addition to my matte lip color obsession. The color selection, while very nice, is not exceptionally unique save for (in my opinion) the two colors shown above. ( T: Shameless B: Sultry) 
 
Shameless is a stunning cool purple berry shade that is a lovely, colorful take on a winter vampy lip. Sultry is the far more popular (read: wearable) shade that, swatched, looks like a "your lips but better" color but, in reality, is a soft muted berry tone that is a great daytime alternative to Shameless. You know, if you believe in that sort of thing.
 
A note on the formula here: It could very well be the best matte formula I've tried from a conventional drugstore. I've enjoyed Revlon's matte's in the past but this one is more in line with the bITE beauty and NYX matte lip colors that I love so much. It applies creamily, is light as a feather, and lasts for ages. It also comes equipped with a sweet mint smell that I find to be a lovely addition, although I know scented lip products can be a bit polarizing.
 
As far as the lacquer balms go, I gave them a pass for the time being. They just have SO MUCH shimmer in them and I am not feeling the glossier lip now that the cooler months have set in. Matte is just so much more low maintenance.
 
Have you guys tried these yet? Or have you found anything new at the drugstore lately?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.