Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Off the Cuff

So it begins. The seemingly sooner and never-ending holiday gift set parade. Don't get me wrong, value sets are my very best beauty friend, but guys we are barely into the double digits for October.

Rant Over.

Now I'm going to profess my love for the new, holiday gift edition, Tarte "Off the Cuff" Amazonian Clay Blush Palette. (Ugh! That name.)

 It gets its name from the little leather cuff with a gold bow charm that it comes packaged with.
I have already passed that on to a more loving home. I don't really do bows.

From Left to Right we have Crave, Dazzled, Darling, Dollface, and the Park Avenue Princess Bronzer. For those of you who missed out on NARS' Danmari palette (and are maybe looking for an alternative to the Nars x Guy Bourdain One Night Stand Palette) I think this is an excellent alternative. I would even go as far to say the Tarte formula is superior (blastphemy! I know) to the NARS. They are silky smooth, intensely pigmented, and while I've not tested the 12 hour claim they easily make it through my workday.

I personally also love the inclusion of a bronzer in the palette because it makes it easier for someone who's not too keen on the sunkissed look (like me) to mix it with the blush shades to manipulate their saturation and warmth.

 I am not, however, saying I won't get the NARS when it's released. Ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.