Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

By Request

More new things! I've been on a shopping kick lately. I had been so good about avoiding frivolous makeup purchases, but where I'm living these days there is not much to do. We all know well enough that boredom = shopping. I was very very keen on these particular items mainly because the last time MAC released one of them it dissappeared from displays almost instantly and the other becasue it's almost fall and because I'm a sucker for anything in a vampy burgandy color.


It doesn't hurt that I love a good matte lipcolor for fall.

MAC Candy Yum Yum

MAC Rocker



L: Rocker R: Candy Yum Yum



The catalyst for the whole order was Candy Yum Yum. I had to have it. I missed out when it came out last year with the Quite Cute collection and instantly regretted it. It's so bright and exciting and fun. I also feel like it's a nice adventerous way to do bold lips without going the red route. Rocker on the other hand was an impulse purchase. It looks just like my very first MAC lipstick, Dare You, but with a more fogiving formula for a color that dark. (Dare You is a cream sheen and bleeds like a bitch)

I got even more excited the next day while shopping my stash and came accross this baby.




Barry M Lip Paint #52



This little baby is Barry M Lip Paint in #52 Shocking Pink. If you're thinking what I think you're thinking then you're thinking correctly.  Dupe city baby! This is more likely good news for all of you lovelies accross the pond but it seems to me that the two colors are identical.


L: Barry M     R: Candy Yum Yum


They are dead on. Barry M might pull a bit more blue in some lightings but I think you can't beat a find like this. There is however one very important difference between the two products. While matte lips are never hydrating the Barry M formula is absolutely devastating on the lips. It will litterally suck your lips dry so if you plan on opting for the alternative  have a good lipbalm ready. Candy Yum Yum on the other hand is the most comfotable matte lipstick I've ever owned. It is rivaled only by some of the more recent NYX offerings and even then I think it might be more comfortable to wear. If you're really lemming for the color I the Barry M is a dead on dupe for MAC's Candy Yum Yum.

MAC Lipsticks (If Still Available) Can be found here- Link!

Barry M Lip Paints can be found here- Link!

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.