Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Foiled Again...Again.

I have been on the hunt for something like this since I saw it in a  post on Scrangie's blog last year. (link!) Metallic red lips...how badass is that? While I will admit the idea of a frosty lip brings back awful memories of that old spinster lady in the neighborhood where you grew up. You know, the one who wore blue eyeliner, way way way too much rosy pink blush (applied like racing stripes along her cheeks no doubt) and crazy frosty nude lipgloss. While the premise of the product is similar I promise you, you will not wind up old and alone with several cats.(Well not because of the lipstick anyway...I don't know your life.)

Kat VonD Foiled Love Lipstick in Adora



It is so difficult to capture the metallic nature of this on film. Even when I started looking up metallic lipsticks and pictures of this came back I was not convinced. It just looked like a really lovely glossy red lip, but it is in fact very metallic in person.



At $19 compared to $28 for the Hourglass gloss shade I was longing for I decided I would opt for this to see if I really like the effect. After all I just gave away a ton of lipglosses because I never wear them any more and buying a new one is ridiculous right?

While it admittedly does not have the shine and depth of the original lemming I love, Love, LOVE, the way this looks in person. It sits solidly on the lips and looks down right like liquid metal. With a bit of smokey winged liner and this lipstick I have my nighttime makeup made for a while. Hell I'm even going to wear it during the day I think it looks so cool! Summer soft lips be dammned I am wearing this the very next time I leave the house. Wearer beware though, any dry lip-ness will be emphasized by the finish so prep your pout accordingly. 

Looking for a good pre lipstick balm? Check out my post on my new favorite lip balm. (link!)

I will confess that as much as I love this I think the Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Siren will make its way onto my Christmas list. After all it really is more like a liquid lipstick anyway right..?
*hangs head in shame*

What do you think? Metallic lips yay or nay?
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.