Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Heart of (Emery) Glass

Nails is not news here at Unanimous Molly headquarters. I love nails. My polish collection is so large I still refuse to count how many bottles I actually have and my search for the perfect basecoat surges on. I have however recently found something new that has had a tremendous impact on my continued quest for stronger, healthier nails. A glass nail file.

Swissco Glass Nail File




I don't have anything on a specific brand or make but I have recently changed my mind completely about nail files. I've known for quite a while now that filing your nails is worlds healthier than clipping them. Clipping your nails can lead to small cracks at the edge of the nail that can later become breaks. Fliling however, especially if you remember to file in one direction (not back and forth) is a much gentler way of shortening and shaping your nails.  On top of that, opting for a glass nail file over a traditional emery board is an even smoother and softer way of filing the nail.

What? I know I know it seems like an over abundance on information on something as simple as filing your nails, but hear me out! I hate, and I mean absolutely hate filing my nails. It feels awful and it makes me queasy. So much so that no matter how much a difference I knew it would make to my nails, I opted to clip instead. That was until I FINALLY found out where they keep the glass nail files at Sally Beauty Supply.(link!)
(up front by the register in case you're still looking)

First of all it is a much better value, one of these will easily last you years provided you don't break it. It can be cleaned and sterilized between uses and can be used on all nail types, natural or otherwise. The best part? It feels so much nicer as you file than any other emery board I have ever used. It makes filing my nails bareable so I've sworn off clipping for good. In the last month I've been using it I've seen a drastic improvement. My nails are more evenly shaped, stronger, and I haven't had a single peel or break. My nails have also stayed longer this time than any other time I've tried to grow them out. I highly reccomend this to anyone struggling to keep their nails in good condition.

Polish FIY: Color Club Worth the Risque

Have you guys every tried a glass nail file? Any other healthy nail tips?
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.